Tom & Nancy
An Extraordinary Story
Tom and Nancy Nordeen spent a week at HCMC recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning. Their bodies had absorbed deadly levels of the gas, and the fact that they had survived was miraculous. What was also extraordinary, according to Tom and Nancy and their family, was not just the clinical care but the caring they received here. At a time when they were at their weakest, Tom and Nancy were treated with dignity and respect. The couple marveled at the kindness and patience shown by staff while assisting them in personal care tasks, and the attention paid to their family members throughout the experience. "There was always someone around from our family, and the staff were willing to accommodate them and keep them informed and involved," said Tom.