Tour the Birth Center
2700 East Lake Street
Minneapolis MN 55406
Hennepin County Medical Center’s East Lake Clinic is a primary care clinic located near the intersection of East Lake Street and Highway 55 in Minneapolis. Many of our patients live and work in South Minneapolis, Richfield, and the south metro.
Our staff includes Family Medicine providers and Certified Nurse-Midwives. We care for patients throughout all stages in life, and we respect the cultures and beliefs of our diverse neighborhood.
- Preventive and primary care
- Well child care
- Acute care (care when you are sick)
- Family medicine (care for all ages)
- Prenatal care, including Certified Nurse-Midwives and group sessions
- Family planning and birth control
- Aquí para Tí program for Latino youths (ages 11 to 24)
- Specialty referrals
- Health education
- Financial counseling
- Lab services
- Language interpreters
- Medical imaging, including x-ray and ultrasound
About our clinics: This is a hospital-based clinic owned by Hennepin County Medical Center. Many insurance plans pay for health care services provided in a hospital-based clinic differently than those provided in a doctor’s office. Your insurance may require that you meet your annual deductible and/or require that you pay a percentage of the bill rather than just an office visit co-payment. You should check with your insurance company if you have any questions. Read our FAQs about hospital-based clinics to learn more.