Education & Resources
Find multiple burn resources and educational information, including educational videos with our providers, burn prevention materials, patient and family guides and regional burn support groups.
|Grease Fire Prevention
Grilling in your backyard or cooking over an open fire at camp is a great way to enjoy a meal, but also has the potential for contact burns, scalds or grease fires.
|Outdoor Safety Tip - Campfire Safety
Every year, 6,000 people end up in an ER with burns from a campfire or backyard bonfire. Ron Schara and Dr. Ryan Fey talk about campfire safety. Published on September 19, 2012
|Frostbite, a.k.a. Frostnip!
Thousands of people suffer frostbite each winter. For some, it's a total loss of feeling in their fingers, for others it's worse. Dr. Anne Lambert helps us learn about the symptoms and when to seek medical attention.
Burn Support Groups and Online Resources
- Burn Prevention Chart – A visual guide to burn prevention in your home and outside.
- Burn Survivor Resource Center – Find multiple burn support groups in the nation.
- Burns Recovered Support Group – Assisting burn survivors in their recovery.
- I am a Burn Victim – Share your story with others who have suffered burns.
- Kids Camps – Find summer camps for kids who have suffered burns.
- Outdoor Safety – HCMC's website devoted to Outdoor Safety.
- Patient & Family Guide – Find information about burn prevention.
- Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors – Helping burn survivors everywhere get back to living.
- Survivors Offering Assistance in Recovery - Experts who provide training to burn survivors.