Education & Resources
Find multiple burn resources and educational information, including educational videos with our providers, burn prevention materials, patient and family guides and regional burn support groups.
|Grease Fire Prevention |
Grilling in your backyard or cooking over an open fire at camp is a great way to enjoy a meal, but also has the potential for contact burns, scalds or grease fires.
|Outdoor Safety Tip - Campfire Safety |
Every year, 6,000 people end up in an ER with burns from a campfire or backyard bonfire. Ron Schara and Dr. Ryan Fey talk about campfire safety. Published on September 19, 2012
Burn Support Groups and Online Resources
- Burn Prevention Chart – A visual guide to burn prevention in your home and outside.
- Burn Survivor Resource Center – Find multiple burn support groups in the nation.
- Burns Recovered Support Group – Assisting burn survivors in their recovery.
- I am a Burn Victim – Share your story with others who have suffered burns.
- Kids Camps – Find summer camps for kids who have suffered burns.
- Outdoor Safety – HCMC's website devoted to Outdoor Safety.
- Patient & Family Guide – Find information about burn prevention.
- Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors – Helping burn survivors everywhere get back to living.
- Survivors Offering Assistance in Recovery - Experts who provide training to burn survivors.