Hennepin Bariatric Center
716 South 7th Street
Purple Building, Level 5
Minneapolis MN 55415
8AM – 4:30PM, M–F
The Hennepin Bariatric Program is tailored to fit your needs. Our goal is to provide you with the safest and most effective solution possible to address your weight problem. We are a center of excellence with committed resources and personnel dedicated to providing high quality, dignified care to the obese patient.
The Hennepin Bariatric Center is a team of health care providers committed to helping you achieve your weight loss goals. Our center provides a comprehensive weight loss program, all under one roof.
- Experienced surgeons who perform laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass, LAP-BAND and Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Full-time internal medicine physician specializing in obesity care
- Dedicated obesity nutritionists and clinical psychologists
- Full-time obesity program nurse to help improve your care and education
- Dedicated program clerical staff to handle your phone calls and scheduling needs
- Comprehensive aftercare program including monthly support group
Distinctions and Accreditations
The Hennepin Bariatric Center and Obesity Program is an American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) Center of Excellence. The ASMBS Center of Excellence designation recognizes surgical programs with a demonstrated track record of favorable outcomes in bariatric surgery.
"Hennepin Bariatric Center is proud of this recognition," says HCMC's Chief of Bariatric Surgery Howard Lederer, MD. "The rigorous independent review process that goes along with this title confirms the clinical excellence and quality we have always offered, and I'm hopeful that the Center of Excellence designation will help people fighting obesity get the highest level of care they deserve."
Hennepin Bariatric Center is a comprehensive obesity and weight loss program. The program meets the criteria established by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association for participation in the Blue Centers for Bariatric Surgery and is a member of the HealthPartners Bariatric Surgical Network.