The Hennepin Stroke Center has an active program of partnership with referring physicians, which includes prompt phone calls and letters with patient feedback to referring physicians, on-site educational presentations for physicians, and 24/7 stroke consultations.
The Hennepin Stroke Center also hosts MinStroke, a monthly forum for Minnesota stroke neurologists to meet and discuss issues in stroke.
If you are a physician and would like to request a TIA or stroke consultation or refer a stroke patient, call Hennepin Connect at (800) 424-4262 or (612) 873-4262.
- Stroke referral checklist - List of activities to be completed prior to patient transport
- Stroke algorithm. Treatment algorithm is based on the time of symptom onset.
- NIHSS scale - Diagnosis tool designed by the National Institutes of Health. (external website)
- EMS Stroke Care/Prehospital Cath Lab Activation Protocol
- EMS Stroke Care/Cincinnati Prehospital Stroke Scale for EMS Providers
- Approaches in Critical Care. Publication from Hennepin County Medical Center for critical care professionals.
- American Stroke Association
- National Stroke Association