Orthopedic Injuries and Treatments
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons – Detailed information about bone and joint injuries and common treatment options.
- KidsHealth – Orthopedic resources for parents of children with broken bones and sprains.
- MedlinePlus – Information about bone diseases such as osteoporosis.
- MedlinePlus – Information about ankle injuries and disorders.
- MedlinePlus – Information about foot injuries and disorders.
- MedlinePlus – Information about elbow injuries and treatments.
- Web MD – A video describing hip replacement surgery with illustrated animations.
- Web MD – A slideshow describing knee surgery with descriptions, from hospital to home care.
- Web MD – A slide show describing Rheumatoid Arthritis symptoms, causes and treatment.
- Web MD – A-Z list of common sports injuries.
- Total Hip Book (PDF)
- Total Knee Book (PDF)
Joint Replacement Surgery
- Hip Replacement Surgery - Detailed information about hip replacement surgery from the U.S. National Library of Medicine
- Knee Replacement Surgery - Detailed information about knee replacement surgery from the U.S. National Library of Medicine
- Shoulder Arthroscopy - Detailed information about shoulder arthroscopy surgery from the U.S. National Library of Medicine
Home Care Services
- www.medicare.gov - search: Compare home health agencies
- www.medicare.gov - search: Compare nursing Homes
- www.mvna.org - The Minnesota Visiting Nurse Agency is a non-profit organization which provides home health care and community health services to the Twin Cities Metro Area. Call 612-617-4600.
- www.augustanacare.org/ - Augustana Care Corporation provides facilities, programs and services for elder residents with a full continuum of lifestyle choices in health care and housing. Call 612-238-5341.
Orthopedic Research and Accreditations