The patient education and resources page* provides health related search engines and external websites for patients and families to connect and share experiences.
- Asthma Resources - This page includes several videos about managing asthma symptoms, as well as downloadable information.
- Recursos para el asma - Aquí le presentamos recursos que le ayudarán a aprender a controlar su asma.
- Living Well with Chronic Conditions (PDF)-Find out more about upcoming workshops!
Patient Support Websites
- CaringBridge - Nonprofit web service that connects family and friends during a critical illness, treatment or recovery
- Daily Strength - Connect with people facing similar life challenges, medical conditions, and mental health issues
- Diabetes Mine - A gold mine of straight talk and encouragement for people with diabetes
- Disaboom - Connecting the millions touched by disability
- I'm too young for this! - Empowering young adults affected by cancer
- Patients Like Me - Learn from real-world experiences of other patients like you
- Sophia's Garden - Families of children with life-threatening and chronic conditions connect with other families to find strength, hope and healing
- Questions are the Answers - Tips for talking with your doctor.
Health information websites
- www.healthcare.gov - Find information about healthcare and the latest health reform updates.
- Food Allergies - Find out more about allergies to food and how you can prevent reactions.
- FamilyDoctor.org - Health information for the whole family, includes health tips, videos, and helpful health tools.
- Healthcare 411 - Health care information and research findings for consumers and providers.
- MedlinePlus - Health topics, drug information, videos and cool tools.
- Minnesota Department of Health - Protecting, maintaining and improving the health of all Minnesotans.
- My Life Check - The American Heart Association has created a simple way for you to keep your heart healthy through a seven step plan.
- Patient Education Video Series - Learn how to "speak up" to make sure you're taking medications correctly, from the "Speak Up" campaign by the Joint Commission. (Spanish and English)
Health Search Engines
- Healthline Networks
- Microsoft Health Vault
- Organized Wisdom
- Kosmix/Right Health
- UpToDate for patients
- A Place for Mom 866-333-7728
- Administration on Aging
- Age Well Housing Resource 952-345-8770
- Alzheimer's Association - Minnesota and Dakotas 800-232-0851
- Block Nurse Program
- Care Options Network
- Care Partner Education
- Eldercare Locator 800-677-1116
- Eldercare Rights Alliance 800-657-3591
- Hennepin County Aging and Disability 612-348-4500
- Hospice Minnesota
- Lifeline 800-380-3111
- Meals on Wheels - So no senior goes hungry! Meals on Wheels is a community-based senior nutrition program in all 50 states.
- Minnesota Adult Day Services Association 763-464-2698
- Minnesota Board on Aging/Senior Linkage line 800-333-2433
- National Association of Geriatric Care Managers 520-881-8008
- National Institute on Aging's Alzheimer's Disease Education and Referral Center
- Seniors List - Your source for aging well
*The content of the patient resources section is for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition.