Health Information Management: 612-873-3179
Download the Authorization to Release Health Information form and return to the Health Information Management Department at Hennepin County Medical Center. Forms may be received via fax, by mail or in person.
- Fax your release form to 612-904-4332
- Mail to or deliver in person to:
HIM Dept. at Hennepin County Medical Center
701 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55415, Mail Code RL.200
Health Information Management Services
- Maintains, stores, accesses, and delivers patients' medical records and releases information as authorized by the patient
- Assists physicians in meeting medical record documentation requirements
- Assigns a code number to diagnoses and procedures for use in billing, research and quality assurance
- Assists with identifying patients and retrieving records for research studies and audits
- Maintains a fracture registry.
Questions about birth certificates should be directed to the Hennepin County Government Center. Call 612-348-8240 or visit the Hennepin County Government Center website.
Note: Behavioral Health records hospitals from 1988 to present are available by calling Abbott-Northwestern Hospital at 612-863-4321.