The patient education and resources page* provides health related search engines and external websites for patients and families to connect and share experiences.
- Asthma Resources – This page includes several videos about managing asthma symptoms, as well as downloadable information.
- Recursos para el asma – Aquí le presentamos recursos que le ayudarán a aprender a controlar su asma.
Patient Support Websites
- CaringBridge – Nonprofit web service that connects family and friends during a critical illness, treatment or recovery
- Daily Strength – Connect with people facing similar life challenges, medical conditions, and mental health issues
- Diabetes Mine – A gold mine of straight talk and encouragement for people with diabetes
- I'm too young for this! – Empowering young adults affected by cancer
- Patients Like Me – Learn from real-world experiences of other patients like you
- Sophia's Garden – Families of children with life-threatening and chronic conditions connect with other families to find strength, hope and healing
Health information websites
- www.healthcare.gov – Find information about healthcare and the latest health reform updates.
- Food Allergies – Find out more about allergies to food and how you can prevent reactions.
- FamilyDoctor.org – Health information for the whole family, includes health tips, videos, and helpful health tools.
- Healthcare 411 – Health care information and research findings for consumers and providers.
- MedlinePlus – Health topics, drug information, videos and cool tools.
- Minnesota Department of Health – Protecting, maintaining and improving the health of all Minnesotans.
- My Life Check – The American Heart Association has created a simple way for you to keep your heart healthy through a seven step plan.
- Patient Education Video Series – Learn how to "speak up" to make sure you're taking medications correctly, from the "Speak Up" campaign by the Joint Commission. (Spanish and English)
Health Search Engines
- A Place for Mom – 866-333-7728
- About Assisted Living – Professional resources for the disabled and elderly.
- Administration on Aging
- Alzheimer's Association – 1-800-272-3900
- Care Partner Education
- Eldercare Locator – 800-677-1116
- Hennepin County Aging and Disability – 612-348-4500
- Hospice of the Twin Cities – 763-531-2424
- Lifeline – 800-380-3111
- Meals on Wheels – So no senior goes hungry! Meals on Wheels is a community-based senior nutrition program in all 50 states.
- Minnesota Adult Day Services Association – 763-464-2698
- Minnesota Board on Aging/Senior Linkage line – 800-333-2433
- MVNA Home Care – 612-617-4781
- National Association of Geriatric Care Managers – 520-881-8008
- National Institute on Aging's Alzheimer's Disease Education and Referral Center
- Seniors List – Your source for aging well
- Senior Planning – A comprehensive Medicaid guide for planning senior health care.
*The content of the patient resources section is for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition.