Center for Wound Healing: Case Studies
The Center for Wound Healing offers a comprehensive treatment program that employs the most advanced surgical and medical treatments available, including access to the new Center for Hyperbaric Medicine adjacent to the Center for Wound Healing.
Advanced treatment options
Treatment plans include, where appropriate:
- Complete medical history and wound assessment
- Nutritional evaluation
- Patient and caregiver education
- Diabetes education
- Behavioral health counseling
- Coordination with home care
- Wound offloading, protection and management
- Lower extremity vascular workups and therapy
- Debridement and surgical intervention
- Advanced wound dressings
- Growth factor therapy and bio-engineered skin substitutes
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Vascular, plastic and general surgery
Keeping you involved and informed
Many patients and their physicians report satisfaction with the long-term positive effects of wound treatment. Significantly fewer limb amputations and greater mobility and independence are well worth the effort. The statistics speak for themselves. The five-year mortality rate of individuals with non-healing ulcerations and amputations is nearly 50 percent.
Relative 5-Year Mortality Rates
Patient Case Studies
Using the latest technology
Hennepin County Medical Center's Center for Hyperbaric Medicine uses fluorescence microangiography, a technology that can assess blood flow in chronic, non-healing wounds and diabetic foot ulcers. Hennepin County Medical Center is the first in Minnesota to use the LUNA™ Imaging System for wound assessment.