Graduate Medical Education: Resident Resources
Preparing For Your Training at HCMC
As you prepare for training at HCMC, we want to make your transition as smooth as possible. Use these helpful resources for additional information.
For more information, contact Judi Shurson.
Resources for Prospective Residents, Fellows, and Families
- Salary and Benefits
- About the Twin Cities
- Resident Assistance Program
- Housing (Real estate, leasing)
- Support and Networking for Spouses
J-1 Visa Information
Any incoming trainee, resident or fellow, who is an International Medical Graduate (IMG) must be certified by the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) prior to the start of their training program. For more information about J-1 visas and sponsorship, access the following documents. All documents are in PDF format.
- View general J-1 Visa information
- View the J-1 Visa checklist for initial sponsorship
- View the J-1 Visa checklist for continued sponsorship
- View the J-1 Visa arrival validation information
Resident and Fellow Manuals
All of the following documents are in PDF format.
Download the 2014-2015 Resident/Fellow Manual.
Individual Program Manuals—Residency Programs:
- Dentistry (General Practice)
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Podiatric Surgery
- Psychiatry (Hennepin-Regions)
- Transitional Year
Individual Program Manuals—Fellowships: