Graduate Medical Education: Salary & Benefits
Benefits for Residents and Fellows
About Our Benefits
HCMC offers competitive salary and benefits to all residents and fellows, including health, dental, and life insurance, as well as paid vacation, time off for academic or interview leave, and confidential counseling through the Resident Assistance Program.
- Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation for residents and fellows of all years.
- Parking: Free parking, provided in a ramp adjacent to the hospital.
- Meals: Generous meal allowance for residents.
- Moonlighting: Opportunities are available to all residents and fellows PGY-2 and higher who are U.S. citizens.
- Fitness: HCMC offers a 24-hour exercise center.
- Leave: Residents and fellows are eligible for academic or interview leave, which varies by program.
|PGY Level||2015-2016 Salary||2016-2017 Salary|
Deferred Compensation 457 Plan
As an alternative to Social Security, you may elect to participate in a deferred compensation plan. A percentage of your pre-tax base pay is contributed to your designated investment options in the Minnesota Deferred Compensation 457 Plan.
HCMC offers residents and fellows a standard package of coverage.
Note: All documents are in PDF format.
- Health: Medical benefits are provided by Medica.
- Dental: Dental coverage is available for purchase by residents. Learn more...
- Life: HCMC offers basic life insurance of $50,000 for individual coverage only.
- Malpractice: HCMC covers resident physicians for malpractice claims, with continuing coverage for any claim that arose during the course of the residency or fellowship.
- COBRA: Continuation of benefits coverage. Learn more...
- Travel: MedEx Travel Insurance
HCMC’s standard policy follows the Minnesota statute on parental leave. Requests will be granted through the program director.
Resident Assistance Program
The Resident Assistance Program is an employee assistance program designed specifically for residents. Sand Creek counselors have particular expertise in dealing with the unique needs of individuals in their residency training programs. This program is designed for you and your family members, your faculty, attending physicians, department heads and supervisors who need help dealing with resident-related concerns. Contact a Sand Creek counselor at 651-430-3383 for free, confidential consults.