Dentistry Residency: Application Requirements
Applications Due December 1
- Application through PASS. HCMC accepts the standard PASS Application format, which includes Dental School transcript, Part 1 National Boards, personal statement, three Personal Potential Index reports, and one Professional Evaluation from the Dean. There is no application fee.
- U.S. or Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
- DDS or DMD from a CODA-accredited Dental School, with graduation prior to residency start date.
- Passing score in Part 1 of National Boards.
- Eligibility for a resident license in Minnesota (regional board exams are not required).
- Submission: Submit your application through the American Dental Education Association’s Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS). We do not accept applications through the mail. HCMC participates in the Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program.
- Scoring: Each applicant will be considered based on these attributes:
- Pass on Board scores
- Academic achievement, such as GPA, class rank or other evidence of achievement
- Community service involvement
- Leadership roles
- Honors and accomplishments
- Content of letters of recommendations (three Personal Potential Index reports and one Professional Evaluation form from the Dean)
- Content of personal statement
- Commitment to dentistry
- Overall impression at personal interview
- Interviews: Applicants with a completed PASS application and who demonstrate a strong candidacy through their selection attributes will be invited for interviews. We hold interviews in November and December. Applicants should be prepared to spend at least a half day for the interview process. Applicants may also schedule dates outside the interview cycle for observation at our clinic.
- Facility tour
- Meetings with current residents and staff