Geriatric Medicine Fellowship: Didactics
Ample Conferences, Committees, and Research Opportunities
About Our Educational Experience
HCMC offers numerous didactic experiences within Geriatric Medicine. In addition to these scholarly activities, we encourage fellows to develop a project for presentation at a national or regional scientific meeting, or for publication. We provide full financial support to attend the annual meeting of the American Geriatrics Society.
- Geriatrics Grand Rounds and Department of Medicine Grand Rounds
- Journal Club
- Core Curriculum Conferences
- Multidisciplinary Clinical Case Presentation Conferences
- Geriatric Psychiatry and Rehabilitation Medicine Conferences
HCMC Biomedical Ethics Committee
- Fellows participate in case and didactic discussion on a variety of issues
- Held monthly
Quality Improvement Initiatives
- Ongoing projects within the Geriatric Medicine Division, including implementation of a falls and gate assessment clinic
- Ongoing opportunities for fellows to participate
- Topics include: epidemiology of dementia and delirium; educational and clinical outcomes of consultative initiatives in adult protective services for vulnerable adults; palliative care clinical outcomes; diabetic management in long-term care settings; and more.
Fellows have additional didactic sessions in research study design, statistical analysis, and critical review of medical literature.