Geriatric Medicine Fellowship: Rotation Schedule
Multi-Site Rotations with Outpatient and Community Emphasis
About Our Rotations
Geriatric Medicine fellows follow an assigned panel of patients longitudinally throughout the year, and provide consultation services to in-patient physicians when their primary care patients are hospitalized.
We offer focused rotations in: dementia evaluation, geriatric psychiatry, in-patient geriatric consultation, palliative care, Parkinson’s disease and movement disorders, rehabilitation medicine, stroke, urogynecology, and bone metabolism clinics.
Rotations take place at HCMC and affiliated healthcare facilities, providing experience at:
- Comprehensive geriatric primary care and consultative clinics
- Nursing facilities incorporating long-term care, sub-acute, and rehabilitation care
- Specialty clinics including dementia, stroke, Parkinson’s disease, and bone and mineral metabolism
- Acute in-patient rehabilitation
- Geriatric psychiatry
- Acute general hospital geriatric medicine in-patient consultation and palliative care services
Minneapolis Veterans Administration Medical Center
Fellows rotate in geriatric psychiatry and dementia evaluation at the Minneapolis Veterans Administration Medical Center. The VA Medical Center is a teaching hospital that provides a full range of patient care services with state-of-the-art technology, as well as education and research.
Struthers Parkinson’s Center
Fellows rotate in Parkinson’s disease and movement disorders at Park Nicollet Struthers Parkinson’s Center. The National Parkinson Foundation designated the Struthers facility as a center of excellence. Its interdisciplinary, team-based approach to treatment has served as an innovative model for care since 1978.