Employee Health & Wellness
Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) is committed to enhancing the health and well-being of our employees and their families. HealthQuest is an employee-focused program, designed to provide access to health management information, products, and services to assist employees in managing their own health.
HealthQuest's mission is to provide programs and resources that enhance the social, spiritual, emotional, and physical health of our employees.
The quest for good health starts here:
- Employee Assistance Program provides confidential assessment, counseling, and referral service for personal, legal, and financial issues or work-life balance issues. Available 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Wellness resources include an on-site Fitness Center, health club discounts, walking paths, and opportunities to connect with existing health offerings at HCMC.
- Sick Leave/PTO for Fitness Program allows employees who have accumulated balances the opportunity to trade leave hours to cover the cost of wellness-related expenses.
- Classes/Activities are offered on a variety of topics throughout the year such as Get Fit HCMC, Weight Watchers at Work, Group Exercise Classes, and various work/life classes.
HealthQuest Awards and Recognitions:
- Recognized as a 2013 Fit-Friendly Company at the Gold level by the American Heart Association
- Received Wellness by Design Gold Award from Hennepin County for four consecutive years, 2010-2013
- Recognized by the Minnesota Hospital Association with the 2012 Best Minnesota Hospital Workplace Award
We are a tobacco free campus for the health and wellness of our staff, patients, and visitors. In addition, we strive for minimal latex in our work environment, but we cannot assure a latex free work environment.