They're a 4th of July staple, but hundreds of people end up with injuries from fireworks. Whatever you're celebrating, fireworks can really light up the night. But they can also cause preventable burns.
Did you know?
Almost half of all firework injuries are to children under 15.
Enjoy the Show
- Always have a bucket of water or hose handy.
- Never give fireworks to young children.
- Light fireworks a safe distance from people and flammables.
- Never try to relight a dud.
- Never carry fireworks in your pockets.
- Place used firework pieces in a metal container and douse with water.
Many accidents that we see can be prevented by following one simple rule... Drink responsibly. Alcohol affects judgment, coordination, balance, and can increase your chances of having an avoidable accident.