HCMC is a regional referral center for both emergency/critical care cases and complex elective procedures.
Call Hennepin Connect to connect with a medical specialist. HCMC receives referrals from throughout the upper Midwest (including Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota, and South Dakota) and works closely with referring physicians to ensure the continuity of care when a patient returns home.
Call Hennepin Connect to:
- Initiate a referral on behalf of your patient
- Discuss a complex or unusual case
- Request a non-urgent physician-to-physician phone consultation
- Patient's name
- Date of birth
- Nature of the medical problem
- Referring provider and phone number
We will respond to your request by close of the next business day, work with you to identify the records needed and provide you with a summary of diagnostic reports, treatments and follow-up care needs.
HennepinCare Link is a tool that provides real-time web access to the Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) Epic electronic medical record system. It provides users with access to their patients' clinical data and facilitates communication with HCMC to assist in providing quality patient care. HennepinCare Link is for providers at clinics, hospitals, and nursing homes that do not use Epic as their electronic medical record.
HennepinCare Link Benefits
- Safe, secure online access
- No software to install, minimal PC system requirements
- Automatic, instant access to patient information
- No cost to participating users and organizations