Nathaniel Scott, MD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"It gives me great satisfaction to help patients in a time of crisis or acute need. Needing to come to the emergency department or be admitted to the hospital can be a very difficult experience, and I try to provide compassion, empathy, and education as part of my care."
Dr. Scott has expertise in diagnosing and treating a broad array of conditions in the emergency and inpatient setting. Dr. Scott also participates in a variety of activities related to graduate medical education, and serves as the Program Director of the HCMC Emergency Medicine / Internal Medicine Combined Residency Program.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board Certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota Medical School
- 2013 Distinguished Teaching Award Recipient, University of Minnesota Medical School
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Society of Academic Emergency Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- Society of Hospital Medicine
- Johnson T; Patel R; Scott NL; Olives T; Smith S; Gray R; Miner JR. Access to Disease Treatment Among Patients Presenting to the Emergency Department with Asthma or Hypertension. Journal of Emergency Medicine 2015; 48:527-535
- Mulder M; Gibbs HG; Smith SW; Dhaliwal R; Scott NL; Sprenkle MD; Geocadin RG. Awakening and Withdrawal of Life-Sustaining Treatment in Cardiac Arrest Survivors Treated with Therapeutic Hypothermia. Critical Care Medicine 2014. Published online ahead of print.
- Kessler C; Scott NL; Siedsma M; Jordan J; Beach C; Coletti CM. Interunit Handoffs of Patients and Transfers of Information: A Survey of Current Practices. Annals of Emergency Medicine 2014. In Press Corrected Proof. Published online June 5, 2014.
- Prekker, ME; Scott, NL; Hart, DE; Sprenkle, MD; Leatherman, JW. Point-of-care ultrasound to estimate central venous pressure: A comparison of three techniques. Critical Care Medicine 2013; 41:833-841
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Emergency Medicine/Internal Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA