Megan Shaughnessy, MD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I am committed to providing high quality and personalized medical care to patients of all backgrounds and experiences, while educating and encouraging patients to become active participants in their own healthcare."
Dr. Shaughnessy diagnoses and manages a wide variety of infectious diseases, with a particular interest in bacterial infections, HIV/AIDS, infections in kidney transplant recipients, and tropical and travel medicine. During her medical training, she spent an extended period of time working in hospitals in Tanzania.
- Board certified in Internal Medicine
- Board certified in Infectious Diseases
- Board certified in Pediatrics
- Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Minnesota
- American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene Certificate of Knowledge
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- American Society of Transplantation
- American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- International Society of Travel Medicine
"I enjoy spending time outdoors, listening to music, reading, and traveling. Family is also very important to me, specifically spending time with my husband, two young sons, and pet dog."
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Infectious Diseases, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA