Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"My first priority is getting an accurate history of the current illness from the patient and family and second is to choose treatment options to maintain maximal function and independence."
Dr. Murray especially enjoys working with dementia patients and has expertise in cognitive impairment in patients with diabetes or kidney disease.
- Board Certified in Geriatrics
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Top Doctor, Mpls/St Paul Magazine 2012, multiple years
- Best Doctors, Minnesota Monthly 2014 and 2015
- American Geriatrics Society
- Gerontological Society of America
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Society of Nephrology
- Murray AM, Bell EJ, Tupper DE, Davey CS, Pederson SL, Knopman DS et al. The Brain in Kidney Disease (BRINK) Cohort Study: Design and Baseline Cognitive Function. Am J Kidney Dis.2015 Dec 29. pii: S0272-6386(15)01414-6. doi: 10.1053/j.ajkd.2015.11.008. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 26744128.
- Lu R, Kiernan MC, Murray A, Rosner MH, Ronco C. Kidney-brain crosstalk in the acute and chronic setting. Nat Rev Nephrol. 2015 Dec;11(12):707-19. doi:10.1038/nrneph.2015.131. Epub 2015 Aug 18. Review. PubMed PMID: 26281892
- Wolfgram DF, Szabo A, Murray AM, Whittle J. Risk of Dementia in Peritoneal Dialysis Patients Compared with Hemodialysis Patients. Peritoneal Dialysis International. 2015 3-4;35(2):189-198.
- ASPREE Executive and Steering Committee including Murray AM, Study design of ASPirin in Reducing Events in the Elderly (ASPREE): A randomized, controlled trial. Contemp Clin Trials. 2013 7;36:555-564.
- Murray AM, Seliger S, Lakshminarayan K, Herzog CA, Solid CA. Incidence of stroke associated with dialysis initiation in older patients. J Am Soc Nephrol 2013;24: 1166-1173.
"In my free time I enjoy cooking with my husband and spending time with our two sons and families, biking, snowshoeing and skiing."
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Geriatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Geriatrics, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Masters in Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA