David W. Plummer, MD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I enjoy providing personalized care for patients in a world class Emergency Department and teaching the next generation of physicians."
Dr. Plummer has over 30 years of experience in the specialty of Emergency Medicine and Emergency Ultrasound.
- Assistant Chief of Emergency Medicine
- Professor of Emergency Medicine
- Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
- Minnesota Monthly Magazine Top Doctor Award
- AOA, Alpha Chapter, University of Minnesota
- Ernest Ruiz Teaching Faculty Teaching Award, Department of Emergency Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center
- Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine Top Physician Award
- HCMC Outstanding Teaching Award
- American College of Emergency Physicians National Teaching Award
- Special Recognition Award, Hennepin County Medical Center Medical Staff Outstanding Teacher of Medicine
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- American Academy of Emergency Medicine
- Miner JR, Moore JC, Austad EJ, Plummer D, Hubbard L, Gray RO. Randomized, Double-Blinded, Clinical Trial of Propofol, 1:1 Propofol/Ketamine, and 4:1 Propofol/Ketamine for Deep Procedural Sedation in the Emergency Department . Annals of Emergency Medicine. May 2015; 65 (5): 479-488. doi:10.1016/j.annemergmed.2014.08.046
- Driver BE, Debaty G, Plummer DW, Smith SW. Use of Esmolol After Failure of Standard Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation to Treat Patients with Refractory Ventricular Fibrillation. Resuscitation. October 2014; 85 (10):1337-1341. doi: 10.1016/j.resuscitation.2014.06.032. Epub 2014 Jul 14.
- Roline CE, Heegaard WG, Moore JC, Joing SA, Hildebrandt DA, Biros MH, Caroon LV, Plummer DW, Reardon RF. Feasibility of Bedside Thoracic Ultrasound in the Helicopter Emergency Medical Services Setting. Air Medical Journal. May-June 2013; 32 (3): 153-157
- Miner JR, Moore JC, Plummer D, Gray R, Patel S, Ho JD. Randomized Clinical Trial of the Effect of Supplemental Opioids in Procedural Sedation with Propofol on Serum Catecholamines. Academic Emergency Medicine. April 2013; 20 (4): 330-337.
- Miner JR, Gray R, Delavari P, Patel S, Patel R, Plummer D. Alfentanil for Procedural Sedation in the Emergency Department. Annals of Emergency Medicine. February 2011; 57 (2): 117-121. DOI: 10.1016/j.annemermed.2010.08.010
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Emergency Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA