Prateek Sahgal, MD
Commitment to Patient and Family-centered Care
"Growing up in the Twin Cities, it has been an honor to serve the community as a physician at HCMC. I am deeply committed to making state of the art medical care accessible to anyone who needs it. It has been my mission to do so during my career here at HCMC. Whether it is a simple chest x-ray or major vascular repair, I do my best to provide accurate and timely service to you, to engage you in your care and to provide that care in a patient-centered manner."
Dr. Sahgal, HCMC's Director of Interventional Radiology, has made phenomenal efforts to bring new technology to HCMC's patients. He was involved with the introduction of innovative procedures to HCMC including the first endovascular aortic aneurysm repair, the first uterine artery embolization for symptomatic fibroids, the first percutaneous atherectomy for claudication, and the first use of the Gore TAG device for traumatic aortic injury in the nation. An outstanding radiologist, Dr. Sahgal's skills are dedicated to peripheral artery disease (PAD), and specifically, critical limb ischemia. His goal is to avoid limb amputations in such patients, diligently and meticulously striving to restore critically needed arterial flow to such limbs.
- Subspecialty Board Certification of Added Qualifications in Vascular and Interventional Radiology by the American Board of Radiology
- Board certified in Diagnostic Radiology by the American Board of Radiology
- Assistant Professor of Radiology, University of Minnesota
- Recognized as a "Top Doc" by Minneapolis Monthly magazine
- Selected as Chief Resident during Radiology Residency
"Outside the hospital, I enjoy spending time with my family, as well as cycling (year round) and skiing."
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- Minnesota Endovascular Interventional Conference
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Radiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Interventional Radiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA