Ashajyothi Siddappa, MD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I am passionate and committed to providing family centered and evidence based care to patients requiring newborn intensive care. I provide guidance, information and counseling to families to help them make best decision for their baby."
Dr. Siddappa has vast experience in neonatal medicine, teaching and research. Her areas of interest include neonatal nutrition, neurodevelopment and medication safety in neonatal patients. Her research work on perinatal iron deficiency has been published in peer-reviewed journals and presented at national and international conferences.
- Board certified in Pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Board certified in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health (United Kingdom)
- Siddappa AJM, Rao R, Wobken JD, Leibold EA, Connor JR, Georgieff MK. Developmental changes in the expression of iron regulatory proteins and iron transport proteins in the perinatal rat brain. J Develop Neurosci Res 68:761-775, 2002
- Siddappa AJM, Rao R, Wobken JD, Casperson K, Leibold EA, Connor JR, Georgieff MK. Iron deficiency alters iron regulatory protein and iron transport protein expression in the perinatal rat brain. Pediatr Res 57:800-807, 2003.
- Siddappa AJM, S. Wewerka, C. Nelson, M. K. Georgieff and Raye Ann deregnier. Auditory recognition memory in newborn infants of diabetic mothers and its correlation to serum ferritin. Pediatric Research 2004
- Richard C Lusky, Raul F. Cifuentes, and Siddappa AJM. A history of neonatal medicine-past accomplishments, lessons learned and future challenges. Part1-the first century. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther 10:76-89, 2005
- Richard C Lusky, Raul F. Cifuentes, and Siddappa AJM. A history of neonatal medicine - past accomplishments, lessons learned and future challenges: Part II, the 1990s, the new millennium, future challenges. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther 10:143-158, 2005
- Siddappa AJM, Rao R, Long JD, Widness JA, Georgieff MK. The assessment of newborn iron stores at birth: a review of the literature and standards for ferritin concentrations. Neonatology 92: 73-82, 2007
- KennedyBC, Dimova JG, Siddappa, AshaJM., et al Perinatal choline supplementation ameliorates the long term Neurobehavioral effects of Fetal-Neonatal iron deficiency in rats. Journal of Nutrition vol 144:11:1858-1865, Nov 2014
"I enjoy cooking, knitting, gardening and spending time with my family."
JJM Medical College, Davanagere, Karnataka, India
Pediatrics, Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Perinatal-Neonatal Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA