Selma L. Sroka, MD, AZCIM
Family and Community Medicine
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I prefer to work in partnership, with consideration for each person's goals and belief system, to consider options and negotiate next steps that are right for the individual at that time."
Dr. Sroka has practiced and taught family medicine for over 25 years. While family medicine is her home base, she has been a pioneer in the development of a more holistic and integrative approach to care in the HCMC System. Within integrative health, her passion has been to promote self-care and a healthy life style, along with developing strong stress management and resilience building skills for both medical providers, staff and patients.
- Board certified in family medicine since 1994, American Board of Family Medicine
- Board certified in holistic medicine, American Holistic Medicine Board Certification
- Board eligible, Institute of Functional Medicine Certification
- Integrative Medicine fellowship, Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine Fellowship, completed in 2009
- Chief Resident during HCMC Family Medicine Residency
- Recognized as one of Top Doctors for Women in Minnesota Magazine
- American Association of Family Physicians
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
- Sroka, S. Resident Wellness Behaviors: Relationship to Stress, Depression, and Burnout, Family Medicine, Vol. 45, No. 8, September 2013.
- Sroka, S. "It's All in My Mind", Metro Doctors, The Journal of the Twin Cities Medical Society, March/April 2015, pp. 18-19.
- Sroka, S. HCMC Offers Integrative Family Medicine at Whittier Clinic, MetroDoctors, The Journal of the Twin Cities Medical Society, May/June 2012, pp. 12-14.
- Sroka, S. Integrative Medicine in Residency Education: Developing Competency Through Online Curriculum Training, Journal of Graduate Medical Education, March 2012, pp. 76-82.
"I enjoy spending time with family and friends, as well as time at home and in my garden. I also enjoy working with community organizations to help create community resilience, and have a passion for working with Indigenous Traditional Healing."
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Family Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA