Abigail P. Holley, MD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I believe that patient-centered care means meeting patients where they are. I am passionate about providing home-based care to frail older adults with functional and cognitive impairments that may otherwise limit their access to quality primary care."
Dr. Holley is originally from Minneapolis and completed her undergraduate degree and Medical School at the University of Minnesota. She then completed an internal medicine residency at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore, Maryland, and a two-year geriatric medicine fellowship at the University of Chicago. She is pleased to be home in the Twin Cities to practice Geriatric Medicine.
Dr. Holley chose geriatric medicine because of its focus on individualized care and treatment plans, and the emphasis on maintaining quality of life and independent functioning for as long as possible. Dr. Holley spends over half of her time conducting house calls for frail, home bound seniors age 75 and older in Hennepin County.
- Certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Certified in Geriatric Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Director, Center for Home Visits Program
- Member, American Academy of Home Care Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Top Doctors-Rising Star, Minneapolis, St. Paul Magazine 2016
- Best Doctors, Minnesota Monthly Magazine 2014, 2015
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society 2003-present
- American Geriatrics Society
- American Academy of Home Care Medicine
"I am happy to be back in my hometown of Minneapolis, where I spend most of my non-working time with my two young daughters. In my spare time I love running, listening to audio books and making sure I've tried out every coffee shop in town."
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Internal Medicine, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Geriatric Medicine, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA