Lisa Fish, MD, FACP
Chief, Diabetes and Nutrition
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I want all my patients to understand their health problem and to have the medications and other tools they need to have the best quality of life possible."
Dr. Fish graduated from Brown University Medical School and trained in internal medicine and endocrinology at the University of Minnesota. She completed a year of additional training in diabetes at the University of California San Diego. She cares for patients with all types of endocrine issues, including thyroid disease, adrenal and pituitary disorders, diabetes (including insulin pump use and pregnancy), and osteoporosis.
- Board certified in Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Elected President of the Endocrine Society 2015-2016
- Endocrine Society
- American Diabetes Association
- Vigersky RA, Fish L, Hogan P, Stewart A, Kutler S, Ladenson PW, McDermott M, Hupart KH. The clinical endocrinology workforce: current status and future projections of supply and demand. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014:jc20142257.
- Seaquist ER, Anderson J, Childs B, Cryer P, Dagogo-Jack S, Fish L, Heller SR, Rodriguez H, Rosenweig J, Vigersky R. Hypoglycemia and diabetes: a report of a workgroup of the American Diabetes Association and the Endocrine Society. Diabetes Care. 2013;36(5):1384-1395.
- Fish LH, Moore AL, Morgan B, Anderson RL. Evaluation of admission blood glucose levels in the intensive care unit. Endocr Pract. 2007;13(7):705-710.
- Gharib H, Tuttle RM, Baskin HJ, Fish LH, Singer PA, McDermott MT. Subclinical thyroid dysfunction: a joint statement on management from the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, the American Thyroid Association, and the Endocrine Society. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005;90(1):581-585; discussion 586-587.
- Fish LH, Schwartz HL, Cavanaugh J, Steffes MW, Bantle JP, Oppenheimer JH. Replacement dose, metabolism and bioavailabilty of levothyroxine in treatment of hypothyroidism: role of triiodothyronine in pituitary feedback in humans. N Engl J Med. 1987;316:765-770.
"I am an avid cyclist and runner and have led a book club for over ten years. My husband and I have raised three sons in Minnesota."
Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Internal Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Endocrinology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA