Saugar Maripuri, MD, MPH
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
"I always strive to deliver the highest quality care while emphasizing the individual needs of my patients. I am passionate about empowering patients with kidney disease to take control of their lives, including picking treatments that work for them; not the other way around."
Dr. Maripuri has expertise in all facets of kidney disease. He has a specific interest in chronic kidney disease, including patients on dialysis. He is a strong advocate for home dialysis modalities, including home hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
- Board certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board certified in Nephrology by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Minnesota
- American Society of Nephrology
- Maripuri S, Kasiske BL. The role of mycophenolate mofetil in kidney transplantation revisited. Transplant Rev (Orlando). 2014 Jan;28(1):26-31.
- Maripuri S, Ikizler TA, Cavanaugh KL. Prevalence of pre-end-stage renal disease care and associated outcomes among urban, micropolitan, and rural dialysis patients. Am J Nephrol. 2013;37(3):274-80.
- Maripuri S, Arbogast P, Ikizler TA, Cavanaugh KL. Rural and micropolitan residence and mortality in patients on dialysis. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2012 Jul;7(7):1121-9.
- Maripuri S, Penson DF, Ikizler TA, Cavanaugh KL.. Outpatient versus inpatient observation after percutaneous native kidney biopsy: a cost minimization study. Am J Nephrol. 2011;34(1):64-70.
- Maripuri S, Grande JP, Osborn TG, Fervenza FC, Matteson EL, Donadio JV, Hogan MC. Renal involvement in primary Sjögren's syndrome: a clinicopathologic study. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009 Sep;4(9):1423-31.
"I enjoy spending time with my wife and son. We love discovering what the world offers, whether its trying a new cuisine or exploring new cultures through travel."
University of Illinois, Urbana and Rockford, IL, USA
Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Nephrology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA